The start of it all circa 1946
Our legion hall today
The Otterburn Legion Auclair Branch 121 obtained its charter on October 24, 1945. The Branch was named after the Late Arsène Auclair who lost two sons, Roch and Jean-Jacques, in World War II. The first executive was elected in 1946.
Headed by Louis Beauregard, the major concern was to obtain a permanent home for Auclair Branch 121. The “Veterans Social Association” was chartered as the legal entity to purchase the real estate owned by the “Otterburn Recreation Club”.
The Royal Canadian Legion was founded by Veterans and for Veterans. We advocate for the care and benefits for all who served Canada, regardless of when or where they served. The Legion also provides representation and assistance to Veterans, including currently serving Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP, and their families. Access to our services is available to them at no cost, whether or not they are Legion members.